Saturday, March 31, 2007

Dear Diary

No headaches but a little tired. It's the upper body sort of tired when you exercise more than usual. I am now awaiting stem cells via IV next Monday afternoon.

The construction noise wasn't too loud this morning. It is mostly traffic sounds. At its peak, the construction noise sounds like an angry Godzilla seeking its missing child. Godzilla came back Saturday afternoon and is now calling.

PT was very quiet today. Big Dr. Lee took advantage that most patients chose to pass on PT today (Saturday). Instead I only went for acupuncture.

I had an interesting encounter at OT Friday afternoon. I was wearing a T-shirt that had the Maxwell's Equations and the phrase "and there was light" on it. For the unfamiliar, Maxwell's Equations describe electricity and magnetism in four very concise but mathematically sophisticated equations.

[ I promptly forgot these equations after finishing the final exam for the classes! ]

Back to OT ... I was sitting across from an elderly gentleman in his 70's (?) receiving some treatment. He noticed the writing on my T-shirt and asked Lily, "Is your husband a mathematician? I used to be a chemistry professor and recognized many of the same symbols." It is odd how certain concepts transcend languages.

Comments to the blog normally require registration with Google. If that bothers anyone, you can email the comments directly to us (we're still able to view our email). Let us know if you also want us to post on your behalf.

1 comment:

Kim Poor's stem cell treatment said...

I had that T-shirt once! It's done by an old friend in Chicago, Cotton Expressions.

Don't worry about lethargy after the IV injection. You may find it hard to sleep if they do it late.

Kim Poor