Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Medications and Goals

I'll touch on my current medications and what my goals are for any changes in medication as a result of this trip.

In the way of medications and supplements, thank god I do not experience any pain and have no need for painkillers. Instead, almost all of my medications are for symptomatic relief. Warning: this is not a recommendation for any particular medication. Your mileage may vary!

• Antioxidants - Idebenone, NAC, Vitamin E
• Omega-3 fish oil for energy
• Creatine for nerve health
• Fluoxetine for improvement of slurred speech symptoms
• Amantadine for improvement with ataxia symptoms
• Depakote to address night time tremors

What do I expect to change after Stem Cell Therapy in China? Actually hardly any change in medication is expected. To the extent possible, I intend to consume the same array of medications and supplements during my time in China so that any changes afterwards can logically be attributed to the stem cell treatment(s).

As stated in my second post, I will be looking for temporary improvements in upright standing/walking and reduced neuropathy around the feet. Who knows ... maybe I'll go on a follow-up visit to China in the future. Also, I've been told that the effects of the some of the medications on the aforementioned list will take a number of additional months before yielding results. In other words, none of them are expected to "kick in" while I'm in China.

2 comments:

Marco said...

Uncle Richard, all the best towards your trip to China. I do hope you find what you're looking for. Hope to see you soon!

Richard said...

Thanks Marco! We'll be seeing your parents soon in April. We hope to see you this summer at Venus' wedding.

Yee Yee & Uncle Richard