Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Over the Hump Day

We're roughly at the half way point of our stay and no longer seem to be the strangers among the patients. Moreover, we are envious of those who are leaving before us. We're longing for a meal at our favorite restaurant, the sight of friends and family ... in short, we're missing home!

Health wise, I'm feeling fine. I'm very glad that Monday's stem cells for me was via IV. Gone were the restrictions of bed rest and no food for six hours after the lumbar punch. This was especially crucial given that stem cells didn't arrive until 8 PM that night.

My next stem cells (fourth of five) are scheduled for Friday via lumbar puncture. So far, I would guess that my energy level is better and my upper body seems steadier. During PT, I need to retrain my brain on how to walk with a regular gait.

I think it is wise to always check with the medical staff often to ensure that one's stem cell injections happen when promised and are of the desired type (IV, lumbar puncture, etc). Give about a week before the last injections in case any changes are required; you never know if there might be unannounced changes.

I also added a link to the Google Earth community on the post "You Can Run But You Can't Hide". To use the facility, you do not have to register with Google (thanks to the suggestionof an anonymous comment). Zooming around the earth on a flying tour is pretty cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing you progress & advices ! Your blog becomes the first highlight of my mornings.I have since been reading up on Idebenone & N Acetyl Cysteine on your med list from smartnutrition.com. I shall visit Nanshan this November.
MJD, Canada.

Anonymous said...

This link http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=628175 will bypass Google Earth Community and take you directly to the placemark in Google Earth.