Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Top Ten Reasons Why I'm Glad To Be Home From Nanshan Hospital

  • Food is available in a wider choice than Chinese food, KFC, McDonald's, or pizza
  • Folks address you in a language you understand
  • You can sleep in without worrying about the hospital staff awakening you
  • You can cross the street without getting run over
  • People will hold open the elevator for you
  • I can see the sun a lot more
  • You can use your credit card to buy something without worrying, "Am I carrying enough cash?"
  • Web sites are all accessible
  • You don't have to decide which side of your body to insert the needle
And finally ...
  • Nothing else compares with the comfort of your own bed, pillow, and blanket

I made my second trip to the YMCA the other day. Unlike the prior week, my muscles weren't quivering. As Lily had mentioned, I just wish I hadn't sprained my ankle and that this insomnia would go away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldnt agree with you more. Keep up the good work and say hi to lily from us. Nick/Maria

Unknown said...

Welcome back!

I wanted to write something clever or witty, but I'm at work and the Verilog fog is rolling in, so I can't.

It is good to know you're home and hanging in there.

Anonymous said...

Cute list, Dad. Can't wait to see you and Mom this weekend :)

-Andrea