Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Beike Stem Cell Media Publicity

A friend, Nick, who I met while at Nanshan, gave me a pointer to a recent NPR Article. This makes me think of the various efforts to report on this medical tourism phenomena. I know I've been contacted by journalists from Forbes, Associated Press, the UK. We've also seen publicity from ABC Night Line, an Australian web column, etc.

I applaud these efforts to publicize this phenomena. I hope that the media can present a balanced view of matters. This is all the more imperative given that dissenting views do exist from patients, despite what Beike may say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lily

I read with interest of the blog you wrote about stem cell that Richard did in china. I am also a MJD. aged 46 chinese female from Malaysia and wish to know more about this Stem Cell, whether is of help to Richard. I am now showing symtoms of unbalance.
Looking forward to your reply. ng.cannie@gmail.com

tks and regards
cannie ng
chinese Malaysia 46
MJD/SCA3